School nursing services are provided for public school districts on a limited basis. Please contact Jefferson County Public Health with questions or for more information - (360) 385-9400.
- Health education
- Assessment and care planning for students with chronic health conditions
- State mandated vision and hearing screening
Links to other resources:
- On site health care clinics serving students at Port Townsend and Chimacum high schools
- Infectious Disease Control Guide for School Staff, from the Department of Health and OSPI
- Washington State Immunization Program: school immunization requirements
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) website for parents, covers many school health and safety topics
- American Academy of Pediatrics website for parents provides health information for prenatal care, infants, toddlers and school age through young adults. Includes specific conditions and general health.
- For parents, kids and teens, an interactive website on physical and mental health, nutrition, fitness, safety and first aid, drugs/alcohol; resources and more.
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America – information and resources for parents
- Mental Health Benefits Booklet For People Enrolled in Medicaid (including children and teens).
- Information and resources on mental health issues that affect children and adolescents, including ADD/ADHD, anxiety, autism, depression, eating disorders, suicide prevention and more.
Fun facts, games and learning activities about asthma for kids, from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). Includes numerous helpful links to information about childhood and adult asthma.
1-800-4460259 for mental health or addiction/recovery resources for those who qualify for Medicaid.