Disaster Recovery

If after an emergency or disaster is over, you discover you have damage to property, please report that information to the Department of Emergency Management so we may accurately document the impact upon the community as a whole. Links to reporting forms are listed below. Whether you have insurance or not, reporting the damage as soon as possible allows us to include your losses in the damage assessments provided to the State Emergency Management Office.

What does your insurance cover?
Contact your insurance agent to check policy coverage and file claims. Make sure you have a copy of your insurance policy in your emergency preparedness kit or in another secure location. A fire-proof box is recommended.

Report Damages
Below are links to forms that should be completed and submitted to our office. They may be saved electronically and emailed to jeffcoeoc@co.jefferson.wa.us, faxed to (360) 385-9376 or hand delivered to our office. Be sure to keep a copy for yourself.

Private Property Owners: to report damages Click here.

Business Owners: to report damages Click here

Non-profits, government agencies, public utilities, or others: to report damages Click here

You should also review our disaster assistance FAQ which addresses many of the most common questions about damage to private property. 

Please note that you may need the latest version of Adobe Reader to complete our assessment form.