The Septic Cost Share Program is run by Jefferson County Public Health and is funded by a grant with the Washington State Department of Health. It pays a percentage of the cost to repair or replace septic systems for property owners of a single-family home. Please read this brochure for more information.
1. Review the list below to decide if you qualify.
2. Complete the application form and return to JCPH.
3. JCPH staff will call you regarding your application and how to move forward.
ONSITE SEPTIC SYSTEM
Qualified properties will have a permitted septic system, or non-permitted systems installed prior to 1970 (that are in need of repair or replacement based on an inspection by a certified O&M inspector).
- Bootleg or non-permitted systems
- Properties that do not currently have a permitted onsite septic system
Qualified properties must be one of the following:
- Located near a beach with commercial shellfish harvesting
- Near a river or stream that drains to a beach
If you have questions about whether or not your property qualifies please contact Amanda Christofferson at 360-385-9444, extension 406.