School Based Health Centers
A partnership between Jefferson Healthcare, Jefferson County Public Health, and the school districts.
At Port Townsend and Chimacum High Schools
To promote lifelong wellness, through community partnership, by providing access to high-quality, comprehensive health services and education in a safe, nurturing on-campus environment, meeting the unique needs of adolescents.
Medical and mental health services are provided in a partnership between Jefferson Healthcare, Jefferson County Public Health and local school districts. Mental health services are contracted with MCS Counseling Group. The School Based Health Centers increase access to healthcare for school aged kids.
What We Do
- Sports Physicals
- Acute Illness / Injury
- Birth Control / Reproductive Health
- Stress Management / Depression. We work with MCS Counseling Group in the schools to help provide these services.
- Wellness and Nutrition
- STI Screening / Treatment
Who We Are
Meet the providers here
- Students will not be turned away because of inability to pay.
- Mental Health Services are covered by local tax and are not billed to patient.
Services & Consent
Our services focus on prevention and include immunizations, illness/injury assessments, reproductive health care, mental health counseling, and health education. Our staff is trained to understand and treat the special health care needs of teens and includes: a nurse practitioner, a mental health counselor, and an office assistant. We coordinate your teen's care with community health care providers where appropriate, including the school nurse and local physicians.
Your child will receive excellent care at the School Based Health Centers. To get started, download the registration form (PDF) and have your child return the completed form to school. We follow Washington State laws on healthcare to minors and students must be registered with signed parental consent to be seen for medical concerns.
How to Make an Appointment
- Call Jefferson County Public Health for medical appointments at 360-385-9400
- Place request in the confidential box provided at the clinics
Participation & Summary Reports
View Jefferson County School Based Health Center participation and summary reports.
View Washington State Healthy Youth Survey