Land Use Application Forms
- Permit Application (PDF) - The Permit Application form is required for each type of land use application.
- Supplemental forms are required for some types of permits (see Supplemental Land Use Forms list below and visit the Building Permits and Inspections page).
- Complete Building Permit Application Checklist (PDF)
- Site Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Sample Site Plan (PDF)
- Source Water Review (PDF) - Used for applications were irrigation water use is proposed or agricultural wells.
Supplemental Land Use Forms
- Boundary Line Adjustment (BLA) (PDF)
- Boundary Line Agreement (PDF)
- BLA Recording Document: Statement of Intent - Boundary Line Adjustment (PDF)
- BLA Recording Document: Statement of Intent - Lot Consolidation (PDF)
- BLA Recording Document: Statement of Intent - Lot Certification (PDF)
- Land Division Supplemental Application (i.e., subdivision) (PDF)
- Coordinated Water System Plan Form (CWSP) and Utility Service Review (USR) Procedures - supplemental form for land division applications
- Planned Rural Residential Development (PRRD)
- Plat Vacation/Alteration (PDF)
- Joint Aquatic Resources Permit Application (JARPA) - Link to Office of Regulatory Assistance. The JARPA is for shoreline permits and exemptions. Please include a signed Jefferson County Permit Application form with the completed and signed JARPA.
- Home Business Information and Supplemental Application (PDF)
- Hospitality Establishments (Short-term rentals, bed and breakfast, transient housing less than 30 days).
Stormwater ManagementStormwater Start Here! guides how to complete Jefferson County stormwater forms so that applicants are better prepared for project submittal.
- Step 1: Stormwater Calculation Worksheet - Required for all permit applications
- Step 2: Flow Charts for New Development & Redevelopment
- Step 2.1 Small Projects may submit Worksheet S. No additional submittal is necessary. Small projects that cannot certify Worksheet S may require engineering. The Small Stormwater packet includes all forms and is a fillable pdf.
- Step 2.1: Medium Projects must submit Worksheets A1, B1, C or equivalent. Reference A1A and B1A show typical permanent and construction BMP's. The Medium Stormwater packet includes all forms and is a fillable pdf.
- Step 2.1 Large Projects refer to Worksheet L to determine worksheet applicability. Large projects must at a minimum submit A1, B1, and C or equivalent. Reference A1A and B1A show typical permanent and construction BMP's.
The Large Stormwater packet includes all forms and is a fillable pdf.
- ALL projects must use the following guidance on site: Construction Stormwater Pollution Prevention Best Management Practices (BMPs) Packet
- Typical rural residential BMPs from the Manual are referenced
- All projects must comply with Minimum Requirement #2 in the 2014 Department of Ecology Stormwater Management Manual.
- Medium and large projects should use this information to complete Worksheet B1 (Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan or SWPPP).
- Stormwater Management Application - Required for any development or construction projects over 2,000 square feet of new hard surfaces or 7,000 square feet of land disturbing activities, grading 500 cubic yards, or any clearing and grading activities within a Critical Area as defined in Chapter 18.22 Jefferson County Code. This permit is required on projects that do not involve a building permit or other land use approval.
- Commercial projects may use the Small Pilot Infiltration Test (PIT) form to demonstrate infiltration feasibility.
- Conditional Use Permit (CUP) (PDF)
- Lifting of Forest Practices Moratorium for Single-Family Residence (PDF)
- Pre-Application Conference (PDF) - "Pre-App" request form. Pre-application conferences are required for all Type II, Type III, Type IV and Type V project applications and Type I project applications proposing impervious surfaces of 10,000 square feet or more and/or non-single-family structures of 5,000 square feet or more. Additionally, pre-application conferences are required for critical area stewardship plan applications. Pre-application conferences for all other types of applications are optional, and requests for conferences will be considered by the administrator on a time-available basis.
- State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) Environmental Checklist - The Checklist is only required if the proposal is not categorically exempt from SEPA review. Consult your project planner for information. For details on SEPA and instructions for completing the Environmental Checklist, visit the State Department of Ecology SEPA Unit website.
- Waiver from Special Reports
- Sign Permit
- Temporary Use (PDF)
- Tree Request Application Packet (PDF)
- Road Setback Variance
- Variance (PDF)