Well Test for Building Permit

If your building permit requires proof of potable water, you will need to meet the requirements for both the quantity and quality of the water your well produces.


Testing & Output

The well water must be tested for bacteria, nitrate, and chloride within the last 36 months. You can pick up water-sampling bottles and instructions from the Environmental Health Office or from the Public Utility District (PUD) in Port Hadlock.

Wells need to produce at least 400 gallons per day or have a notice recorded to the property's title. To prove the well's output you can submit either: