Septic System FAQs
- My septic system is working fine. Why do I have to have it inspected?
- How often does a septic system need to be inspected?
- Does my tank need to be pumped every time it is inspected?
- Do I need to be present at the time of the inspection?
- How much does an inspection cost?
- Who pays for the monitoring inspection?
- How do I prepare for the monitoring inspection?
- What will the county do if I don’t have my system inspected?
- What septic system upgrades are required by the county?
- What happens if the inspection reveals that something is wrong with my septic system?
- How does the County know if I do a monitoring inspection or not?
- Does the title company record the monitoring inspection?
- Can I inspect my own system?
- What kinds of septic systems can be inspected by homeowners?
- What kinds of septic system cannot be inspected by homeowners?
- Are other counties doing the same thing?