July 23rd 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sarah Jane, BSN PHN
Jefferson County Public Health
Jefferson County Public Health Celebrates
World Breastfeeding Week August 1st-7th 2018
Annual World Breastfeeding Week Picnic
- In Port Townsend at Chetzemoka Park, Wed August 1st from 11am-1pm
- Bring lunch or snacks to enjoy, no food or beverages are provided officially
- All families are welcome to celebrate: parents, grandparents, foster parents, adoptive parents, aunts/uncles/cousins/sisters/brothers; breastfeeding, formula feeding, or solid food eating families all welcome!
World Breastfeeding Week booth sponsored in partnership with Jefferson County Public Health, the Jefferson County Farmer’s Market and Jefferson Healthcare:
- Wednesday August 1st from 2pm-6pm at the new location within the Haines Place Park & Ride in Port Townsend
- Saturday August 4th 9am-2pm at the Uptown Farmer’s Market in Port Townsend
WIC breastfeeding moms who are able to attend any of the celebrations will receive a special gift package.
For more information on World Breastfeeding Week contact Jefferson County Public Health at 360.385.9400, or visist the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action or the World Health Organization.
Always working for a safer and healthier community