What must I do if I can't pay my fine today?
All fines, costs and fees are due in full at the time of sentencing unless you are given the option to sign a payment agreement with the court. The court clerk will set up a payment plan in writing and give you a copy. Payments can be mailed in or delivered in person at the court office. There are also options to pay online or over the phone by contacting NCourt at 1-877-793-8935 or visiting www.jeffersonwatix.com. Please have your case/citation number & your personal information ready prior to contacting the court or NCourt. Payment by cash, check or money order is acceptable at the clerks window. It is recommended that you do not send cash by mail.

Show All Answers

1. What are my constitutional rights?
2. Should I talk to a lawyer before entering a plea?
3. How do I obtain a lawyer if I cannot afford one?
4. If I plead guilty, what happens?
5. What happens if I plead not guilty?
6. What alternatives are there for serving a jail sentence?
7. What must I do if I can't pay my fine today?
8. What is a suspended sentence?
9. What if I have a change of address?
10. How do I know what court to go to?
11. What is the address of District Court?