How do I ask the court to defer my infraction?
When initially responding to an infraction you may send a written request for a deferral in to the court with your citation. Alternatively, if you already have a hearing date scheduled, in your written or e-mailed response explaining the circumstances of the infraction you wish mitigated, include a request for a deferral. If you are appearing in person for a mitigation hearing you may also request a deferral at that time. If you are licensed to drive in a state other than Washington, you will be required to provide a certified copy of your driving record from the state where you are licensed.

Show All Answers

1. Can I keep my traffic ticket “off my record”?
2. How do I ask the court to defer my infraction?
3. What does it cost to defer my infraction?
4. What if I fail to pay the administrative fee for my deferral?
5. What if I commit a new traffic infraction?
6. What infractions do not qualify for deferral?
7. May I have a lawyer at a contested hearing?
8. Will a traffic infraction appear on my driving record?
9. What about a "no liability insurance" ticket?
10. What if I cannot afford to pay the penalty in full?
11. What happens if I don't respond? I don't appear in court? I don't pay?
12. I forgot about my ticket. What do I do now?
13. Is there a right to appeal?
14. How do I know what court to go to for my traffic ticket?