I think my child Support amount should be raised (or lowered). What should I do?

In general, if your current order of child support was entered more than 24 months ago and your incomes have changed, your case may be ready for a review. Individuals who have signed an application requesting non-assistance support enforcement services from the DCS can request that the agency review an order of child support for possible modification or adjustment. Apply for DCS non-assistance support enforcement services

Once a DCS case has been opened, a Request to Review an Order of Child Support form 9-741 can be made. Completed forms should be sent to:

Division of Child Support

PO Box 11520

Tacoma, WA 98411-5520

At the time you mail in the form, you must also provide the following information:

1. Recent Wage Stubs

2. A completed Financial Declaration

3. Your last two years of tax returns

4. Financial Declaration (available at Washington Courts website)

The Prosecuting Attorney’s Office cannot process a modification or adjustment unless the case is referred to the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office by DCS. You cannot request a modification or adjustment directly from the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.

Show All Answers

1. I think my child Support amount should be raised (or lowered). What should I do?
2. If my Child Support Order meets the criteria for review, what happens next?
3. I was served with a Petition to Modify Child Support, what should I do?
4. I received a Motion to Adjust Child Support Order, what should I do?
5. How does the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office calculate the child support payment?
6. What should I do if I need a deviation from the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office proposed child support transfer payment?
7. I now have a court date, what should I do?
8. Is there childcare available at Court?
9. I am unemployed and no longer able to pay my child support. What should I do?
10. I went back to school full-time and now don't have any income. Will you lower my support?
11. What if I need my parenting plan established or modified?
12. I have a new baby with a new partner, does that matter?
13. Can I be required to pay for a child's daycare and special child rearing expenses?
14. My kids are now teenagers and they are involved in a lot of activities. Can you help?
15. What do we do about college?
16. Can someone in your office help me fill out my paperwork?
17. What happens when there is a history of domestic violence in my case.
18. What if the paying parent isn't paying?
19. How do I obtain copies of my court orders?