My License is suspended, how can I get it back?

The DCS may suspend your license if you are behind in your child support payments. The Prosecuting Attorney’s Office does not suspend any licenses and the decision to suspend rests solely with DCS. DCS can suspend any license issued by the State of Washington, including but not limited to:

  • drivers’ licenses
  • hunting licenses
  • fishing licenses
  • professional licenses
  • contractor, or
  • occupational licenses.

 If you owe child support you must sign a Repayment Agreement with DCS (or pay off the entire debt) to get your license back. Call DCS to ask about signing a repayment agreement and other options. In setting a repayment amount, DCS will look at your income and expenses, including the expenses of caring for any dependent children. You must provide DCS with complete information about your financial situation, including any extra expense you may have, including, but not limited to medical costs, costs for caring for a child who is disabled, etc. DCS may make you pay the first installment due under your repayment agreement before releasing your license. You must keep making your payments when due. If you do not make timely payments, DCS can suspend your license again.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the closest DCS office?
2. When will I receive a check?
3. I have a warrant. Now what? How do I quash my warrant?
4. Must I attend my monthly contempt review hearings?
5. What is a Contempt Payment Agreement with the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office?
6. My License is suspended, how can I get it back?
7. As the parent receiving child support, am I required to appear for hearings?
8. What is a Conference Board review?