Types of Information We Collect:
Jefferson County (JEFFCO) is a government entity that conducts public business and maintains records related its operations that generally are made available for public review under chapter 42.56 RCW, the Washington Public Records Act (Public Records Act).
JEFFCO is committed, to the extent allowable by law, to protect and secure personal information contained in JEFFCO records. This privacy commitment must be balanced with the rights of public access under the Public Records Act,
The information JEFFCO gathers is either information that you voluntarily supply when you register or initiate transactions (for example, your name and address), or information gathered on usage patterns and preferences as users navigate JEFFCO’S website, use JEFFCO’s services such as e-mail, or read JEFFCO’s e-mail newsletters.
JEFFCO may allow a third party business access to JEFFCO’s website for purposes relating to website maintenance and data storage. During the course of website maintenance or data storage activity, a third party business may have access to information stored on JEFFCO’s website.
Browser Level Information and IP Addresses:
JEFFCO’s web server automatically collects limited information about your computer configuration when you visit JEFFCO’s website, including the type of browser you use, the operating system you are running, the resolution of your computer monitor, the website that referred you, and your IP address. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers connected to the Internet to identify your computer so that data such as the web pages you want to view can be transmitted to you. JEFFCO use IP address information for systems administration and trouble-shooting purposes.
JEFFCO may occasionally release information about users when release is appropriate to comply with law, to protect the rights, property or safety of users to JEFFCO’s website, the public, JEFFCO’s customers, or JEFFCO’s government and its employees, agents, partners and affiliates.
Please keep in mind that JEFFCO’s on-line communities are public spaces, so do not post anything that you do not want the world to see. Credit card numbers, product keys, and other confidential information, including anything covered under a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), should not be posted to any blogs, discussions, or other public areas.
Terms and Conditions
- JEFFCO may change JEFFCO’s website through the modification, deletion, or addition of content and materials. JEFFCO reserves the right to add to, change JEFFCO’S website, or cease offering JEFFCO’S website at any time and without notice and without liability.
- You agree to use any of JEFFCO forums at your own risk. While championing proper use of such forums, JEFFCO cannot guarantee that violations of the Use Restrictions listed below will not occur.
The purpose of JEFFCO’s interactive modules is to obtain suggestions, ideas, and feedback to benefit JEFFCO’s on-line community. You agree that you will not:
- Make personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your interactions.
- Make postings that are irrelevant to the subject at hand.
- Post any content that is off topic.
- Post any information that is abusive, defamatory, harassing, threatening, obscene, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously otherwise objectionable and offensive or violates the legal rights of others.
- Misrepresent one's person, background, or character.
- Sell, advertise, or exchange any goods or services unless expressly allowed.
- Post any material owned by a third party.
- Interfere with any other person’s right to privacy, including posting private, personal information about a third party without consent.
- Post content that violates any law, whether or not the violation is intentional.
- Impersonate a government employee or anther user.
- Post or promote any materials that could SPAM, harm, or disrupt another user’s computer.
- Link to any sites that violate the terms and conditions above.
- JEFFCO reserves the right to refuse to offer access to JEFFCO’s website or content to anyone at any time without notice.
- JEFFCO may take action in JEFFCO’s sole discretion to terminate your permission to use JEFFCO’s website or to block or prevent future access to and use of JEFFCO’s website.
JEFFCO attempts to provide the best service available, but situations will occur that disrupt service or cause inaccurate information to be posted.
- The material presented on this website is not guaranteed as to accuracy, completeness, reliability, usefulness, or timeliness.
- The provision of JEFFCO’S website depends on a number of items, including Internet availability, communications networks, and computer equipment which are beyond the control of JEFFCO and difficult to predict.
- The information on this website is not intended to constitute advice nor is it to be used as a substitute for specific advice from a professional.
- You should not act (or refrain from acting) based upon the information on this website without independently verifying the information and, as necessary, obtaining professional advice regarding your particular facts and circumstances. Those relying on information presented on this website do so at their own risk.
- You assume the risk that the information provided may be incorrect, as well as the risk that any information or material downloaded by you may cause loss of data or damage to your computer systems and neither JEFFCO, nor any of its officials, employees or agents shall be liable for either the accuracy of this information or any actions taken based on the information. JEFFCO does not represent that the use of any information will not infringe privately owned rights.
- All information on this website is provided "as is", “with all faults” and “as available” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, or non-infringement nor shall the distribution of this information constitute any warranty.
- JEFFCO assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the information or software or other documents that are referenced by or linked to this website.
- To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall JEFFCO, its officials and employees, or any contributor to this website be liable for any direct or indirect damages, even if both parties are aware of the possibility of such damages, including without limitation loss of profits or for any other incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, however caused, whether based upon contract, negligence, strict liability in tort, warranty, or any other legal theory, arising out of or related to your use of, or the inability to use, this website or its content.
- JEFFCO is not responsible for or liable for any damage, including damage caused by viruses, to your computer, computer system, or other property, during or on account of access or use of this website or any sites to which this website provides links.
- JEFFCO welcomes feedback on JEFFCO’S website at www.co.jefferson.wa.us.ocm, but provides no guarantee that feedback will result in website changes.
The web pages of JEFFCO’s website are provided on an 'as is' basis without any warranties of any kind, express or implied. JEFFCO, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability, title, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and fitness for particular purpose. JEFFCO makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the web pages. Without limitation of the foregoing:
- JEFFCO does not warrant that the web pages will operate error-free or that the web pages and its servers are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of the web pages results directly or indirectly in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, JEFFCO is not responsible for those costs.
- JEFFCO makes no representations or guarantees regarding the truthfulness, accuracy, legality, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any documents posted by users, or of any other form of communication engaged in by users. Documents may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. You agree that any reliance on documents posted by users, or on any other form of communication with users, will be at your own risk.
- JEFFCO’s website may include links to other websites operated by a third party. You acknowledge and agree that such links are provided for your convenience and do not reflect any endorsement of the linked site or its provider. JEFFCO makes no representations or warranties with respect to the content of these linked websites, including, but not limited to, broken links, inaccuracies or typographical errors any linked website. Your use of any linked website is solely at your own risk.
- JEFFCO makes no representations or guarantees regarding the effectiveness of the services or timeliness of the services in meeting employment objectives for persons using JEFFCO’s website for job search information. JEFFCO does not guarantee that the services will result in candidates being hired, positions being filled or employees being retained, and is not responsible or liable for any business, employment, hiring and/or salary decisions, for whatever reason made, made by you.
Because user authentication on the Internet is difficult, JEFFCO cannot and does not confirm that each user is who they claim to be. Because JEFFCO does not and cannot be involved in user-to-user dealings or control the behavior of participants, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release JEFFCO from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.